Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Aluminum Boat Corner Aluminum Foil Boat Project?

Aluminum Foil Boat Project? - aluminum boat corner

In my class, mechanical engineering, I got only a 6 "x9" sheet heavy foil. My mission is to keep a boat, how many coins as possible can make before it starts to flow (defined as drinking water).

I can just fold the paper cut is not allowed. Outside of the film, is the only device may not seal and hold the ship together. At least the ship should be able to keep at least 80 cents for me to get an A.

I suppose, kept the ship as a penny, if it has the largest volume. I think, want to make a simple box (top needs to be opened so that the pieces can fall) Signaling curved seats in the corners of the plate, and inwardly by triangles. I am also thinking of applying some calculations to determine what size carry the box around fields with the greatest volume.

If you do not know how I could improve my design, or if I have completely wrong, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment